Usage of the information on this page, except for inquiry, is strictly prohibited without prior consent.
Last Updated: June 11, 2014
A programmer with a strong background in IT; has a vast knowledge of many aspects of computer hardware and software. Self taught and professionally educated, highly motivated, task driven, and likes efficiency. Has managed or led many IT-related and several software projects. Has experience with FAA, Air Traffic Control, and has worked with several types of businesses to meet their technological needs. Enjoys problem solving, troubleshooting, solution creation, and design.
- Over 15 years overall experience in computer problem solving
- Over 9 years professional experience in system administration.
- Over 7 years professional experience in network administration.
- Over 6 years professional experience in software/system development and design.
- Over 5 years FAA experience
Technologically, I can work on just about anything. I enjoy and prefer to work on (or from) a UNIX or Linux based system, but this is merely a preference.
Programming Languages & Tools:
C++, Tcl/Tk, Java, JMS, ActiveMQ, Weblogic, SQL, bash, sh, python, awk, sed, php, xml, html, css, Protocol Buffers, C#, cvs, git, vim, Eclipse, Redmine, Rally, Hudson/Jenkins, gdb, ddd, ODS Toolbox, tcpdump/wireshark
Linux, RHEL, CentOS, FreeBSD, Unix, Mac OS X, AIX, DOS, Windows 3.1 – 7, pfSense, Cisco IOS
PCs, switches, routers, video configuration, soundcard mixers, Cisco Routers, DHCP, DNS, NFS, SAMBA/CIFS, Active Directory, Exchange Server, Google Apps, Group Policy, Virtual Server, VirtualBox, VMware, FreeBSD Jails, RAID, ZFS, Data Recovery
Air Traffic Control Systems and Concepts:
DESIREE a distributed Air Traffic Control Modeling and Simulation application
Enroute, ERAM, EES, STARS, DataComm, FTWS, AirWolf, Mitre’s JEDI, TGF’s ECO
Software Engineer, March 2013-Present: Harris Corporation
- Supported the DEX system as implemented in the FAA NEMS (NAS Enterprise Messaging System) program. Worked remotely from company and software team, acting as a liaison between customers and company as it related to software integration and testing of several FAA related programs into NEMS. Worked directly with customers, assisting with test procedures and test plans. Worked with other FTI departments, giving integration support and organized parties to resolve issues. Assisted with system and user documentation.
Computer Scientist, August 2008-March 2013: Engility Corporation
- Support the contract to the Research Development and Human Factors Laboratory @FAA
- Worked on the Distributed Environment for Simulation, Rapid Engineering and Experimentation Architecture (DESIREE) system that supports integration with 3rd party software and models the software environment of legacy and NextGen Air Traffic Control technologies integration such as Enroute, Tracon, DSR, ERAM, STARS, FTWS, AirWolf, and DataComm, etc. The system is a distributed process, real-time air traffic control simulator.
- Developed for and gave support to over 10 simulation experiments (most of which were ERAM based) and rapid prototyping demos using DESIREE modelling and simulation software.
- Assisted in integrating EES (ERAM Evaluation System) into DESIREE.
- Developed software for gui interfaces, back-end improvements, and system improvements.
- Integrated new hardware interfaces that were used for recording and data analyis
- Completed or led some system administration improvements for the system and development group.
- Always looked for ways to increase productivity, for example introduced distcc and ccache which reduced full compile time from 50 min to 10 min; encouraged group to use instant messaging; co-developed a backup strategy that gave 4 instances of recovery per day.
- Contributed to the documentation of system and software requirements and dependencies
- Gave talk on Git revision control system after transition.
Computer Consultant/Owner, 2005-Present: bComputing
- Act as a liaison between customer and technology, recommending and implementing solutions that met customer needs.
- Act as a system, network, and web designer and administrator on a small to medium level businesses.
- Subcontracting, deploying hardware for other companies’ customers.
- Specific work examples can be found here or obtained upon request.
IT and Computer Consultant, 2002-2005, self
- Privately did consulting work in consumer/business IT environment which led to business.
- Resolved computer issues, installed computers, printers, hard drives, CD-ROMS, etc.
- Configured home and small office networks, installed network applications, built computers.
Richard Stockton College of NJ, 2005-2007, Bachelor of Science, Cumulative GPA: 3.30
Major: Computer Science & Information Systems (CS Track)
Atlantic Cape Community College, 2002-2005, Associates in Science, Cumulative GPA: 3.75
Major: Computer Information Systems
Systems Analysis & Design, Software Security Engineering, 4 semesters of Calculus, 2 semesters of Physics
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
Microsoft Small Business Specialist
INCOSE (Currently training for)